Dr. Strangelove Quiz
The answers appear after the last question, number 10.
1. Who wrote the novel from which the movie was based?
a. Franklin Rast
b. Peter George
c. Woody Allen
2. Name the director of this hilarious satire.
a. Stanley Kubrick
b. Frank Capra
c. Orson Welles
3. The story takes place during what period?
a. the Cold War
b. World War II
c. the 1930s
4. Who played Group Captain Lionel Mandrake?
a. Sterling Hayden
b. George C. Scott
c. Peter Sellers
5. Who played Dr. Strangelove?
a. Peter Sellers
b. Keenan Wynn
c. Slim Pickens
6. What was the name of George C. Scott's character?
a. Merkin Muffley
b. General "Buck" Turgidson
c. General Willam Westmoreland
7. What role did Slim Pickens have in the film?
c. Soviet spy
8. What part did Sterling Hayden play?
a. General Jack D. Ripper
b. Dr. Strangelove's son
c. General "Buck" Turgidson
9. Who plays Colonel "Bat" Guano?
a. Keenan Wynn
b. Peter Sellers
c. Mel Brooks
10. What is the subtitle of Dr. Strangelove?
a. or, How I Learned How to Dance With the Russians
b. or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
c. or, How I Learned How to Push the Right Button
Answers: 1-b, 2-a, 3-a, 4-c, 5-a, 6-b, 7-a, 8-a, 9-a, 10-b
The Film Buff's Quiz