Fred Astaire Quiz
The answers appear after the last question, number 10.
1. What is Fred Astaire's real name?
a. Fred Dell
b. Frederick Austerlitz
c. Franklin Rast
2. Where was he born?
a. London, England
b. Omaha, Nebraska
c. Warsaw, Poland
3. Astaire was first teamed with his sister. What is her name?
4. His sister and he made their Broadway debut in what year?
5. Fred's autobiography is titled what?
a. Steps in Time
b. Dancing in the Dark
c. Memories Are Like Clouds
6. Astaire's first screen appearance was in what film?
a. Top Hat
c. Dancing Lady
7. Who did he team up with for the first time in Flying Down to Rio?
a. Ginger Rogers
b. Audrey Hepburn
c. Jerry Lewis
8. In Daddy Long Legs, his character is what?
a. a salesman
b. a newspaper reporter
c. a playboy
9. Astaire appeared in what anti-war movie?
a. On the Beach
b. Catch 22
10. Which Astaire film was directed by Francis Ford Coppola?
a. Funny Face
b. The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle
c. Finian's Rainbow
Answers: 1-b, 2-b, 3-a, 4-a, 5-a, 6-c, 7-a, 8-c, 9-a, 10-c
The Film Buff's Quiz